Persons Unknown. Episode 1.

Persons Unknown. Episode 1. "Persons Unknown" Bunch of strangers awaken in deserted town.

And what an annoying bunch they are!!

Seriously, both the casting and the characters are the biggest drawback in this odd show. The first quarter of the episode is told from the point of view of the Daisy Betts character. And I really hated that character from the get go. I'm not sure what the writers/producers were trying to do by showing her getting into a fight with that guy (the private eye?). Maybe they wanted us to see her as ball-breaking heroine... Me? I just thought she was an annoying bitch who deserved none of my sympathy when - a few minutes later - masked men dragged her away.

As the story unfolded, and more and more annoying characters entered the mix, I gradually realised that she wasn't the worst of them. But that's a mixed blessing.

On paper this is an interesting premise. A premise that sounds like something I would like.

But there is nothing about the execution here that I like. Nothing.

Follow Me on Twitter
Follow Me on Facebook