The Hardy Boys. Season 3, Episode 9. "Game Plan"


The Hardy Boys. Season 3, Episode 9. "Game Plan"

A typical season three episode.

1. The brothers work seperately, with one of them being undercover.
2. Joe is written as very smart and very tough.
3. The story is very good. Nice twists.

I really enjoyed this one. It starts off with Joe tackling a guy at the airport. The guy is arrested and Frank takes his place within the criminal organisation he works for. Except... the viewer is quickly told that the leader of the baddies (Mary Louise Weller) knows that Frank is an undercover cop. So the fun is waiting to see when Frank notices. Soon Frank starts behaving out-of-character (even pulling a gun on Joe at one point!) and there's something delicious about watching everybody lie to everybody as the story unfold.

There's also very, very clever bit concerning how the crooks pass messages. Very clever.

And - something I really love - a very bleak ending. There's a twist at the end, which isn't hard to guess at, but the fun is in wondering how Frank and Joe will figure everything out. And when all is explained: they come across as very good detectives, indeed. Particular Joe.

This is the show's penultimate episode. I've only one episode left to watch. I see, by checking my review on Amazon.com, that I started watching the show back in Summer of 2002, so it's taken me 9 years to watch the full series.

And, in a week or so, I'll be finished.

Nothing for it, but to start again!!

Follow Me on Twitter
Follow Me on Facebook