Cupid, NCIS, House

Thurs, Feb 14th, 2008

05:30 Cupid
06:30 NCIS
07:30 House

Cupid. Episode 8. The most romantic episode of Cupid? Certainly my favourite. Poor Trevor has taken quite a battering in the last couple of episodes. He's lost Claire to a guy that he picked out for her, and then he tries to have a relationship himself, but ends up having a complete meltdown. Luckily, things appear to be taking an upswing in this episode when he figures that his mojo has made it down to earth with him (on a later flight, as he puts it) and he gets the feeling that two complete strangers are destined to be together forever. Such is his conviction that he hounds them until they - finally - cave in and agree to date. But there is a twist. The girl (a wonderful Katy Selverstone) is dying. And, understandably, reluctant to get involved with somebody new. It's a great episode. With a very touching ending. I've seen it many times and it always gets me.

NCIS. Season 4, Episode 10. Part of the joy of NCIS is watching wonderful veteran actors like Mark Harmon, David McCallum and Joe Spano do their thing. I feel like I've been watching them forever, and they never let me down. Harmon and Spano have a great on-screen chemistry that is always fun to watch. Harmon and McCallum have a wonderful scene in this episode, where Ducky finally gives Gibbs an overdue apology. Great TV. Part of the joy of NCIS is watching the wonderful twists in the stories. Particularly in season one, I was always blown away by the surprise endings. It was great. This particular episode, which deals with a serial killer found in a chimney has one too many twists for me. Twist after twist until, by the end, it just didn't make sense any more. Twists for the sake of twists? I get enough of that on 24!

House. Season 4, Episode 12. "Cutthroat Bitch" only has a few scenes in this episode, but I loved every one of them. She's less CTB now, more Amber. She seems softer somehow. Nicer, maybe? But her confrontion scene with House, where they both end up with a gentle smile on their lips, is my favourite House scene in a long time. I hope the writers make a lot of use of Amber in future episodes. I hope she stays with Wilson and I hope she starts to work with House again, soon.

Kutner, meanwhile, continues to close the gap as my second favourite duckling. His comments on Star Trek were well-observed. I could relate to them. He's a really cool character. Actually, all the new characters are cooler than the old ones. It's great. (But I'm fond of the old ones, and I want them back, too.)

Highlight? House.