Tue, Jul 22, 08 - Closer, Flashpoint, Perfect Strangers, Night Court

06:30 The Closer
07:30 Flashpoint
11:30 Perfect Strangers
12:30 Night Court

The Closer. Season 4, Episode 2. "Speed Bump" Having Brenda and Flynn differ over how to treat the murder of a murderer is hardly original. We've seen it before. What makes it (just about) worth watching are the subtle character moments between them and the acting from the guest cast. I also loved the bit at the very end where Brenda put aside the wine bottle and lay down to sleep beside Fritz. Very romantic.
Photobucket
Flashpoint. Episode 1. "Scorpio" I love when a pilot exceeds your expectations and takes you in interesting new directions. I loved this pilot. I didn't know it would be about the aftermath of the crisis: the sadness and paperwork that goes into killing somebody legally. And I was completely fascinated by it. It's got a great cast and a wonderful style. This one goes right to the top of my must-watch list.

Perfect Strangers. Season 2, Episode 2. "Hunks Like Us" I love this episode, so I had to watch it again. I couldn't take my eyes off Rebeca Arthur this time around. Of the four leads, she has the least to do in this episode, but she demonstrates that she is a perfect comic straight-woman and she has a wonderful chemistry with Bronson Pinchot.
Photobucket
Night Court. Episode 3. "The Former Harry Stone" More drama than comedy, this is another truly superb episode. Harry talks about his childhood, and specifically about something he did that disappointed his father. It's wonderful stuff, and very emotional. Meanwhile, Judy Landers guests as the sexiest bride ever to appear on TV. This, too, is wonderful stuff and certainly brought forth some emotions from me :)

Highlight? Flashpoint. Wow.
Yet Another TV Review Podcast