- Production begins on the regular series with this strong story, showcasing remarkably well-developed regular characters.
- Not only are Kirk, Spock and McCoy very recognisable as themselves but their personal relationships/friendships are exactly as we would expect them to be, also.
- Most of the action takes place on one set: the bridge. Performances are uniformly excellent. From the actions and a few visual effects we get an hour of high tension.
- The visuals are striking, memorable, beautiful.
- Kirk is awesome here. Not just for his bluff, but also for his immediately reaction to the distress signal. Kinda makes the heart swell with pride.
Review of: Star Trek